Thanks for helping us with this! In order to keep our member data accurate, so we’re not over-billing or missing members, we really need all our info in one place – our new Membership Management System here at mms.thebodgery.org!
You can make this change at any time – if your new “subscription” payment starts in the middle of your current one, just contact the treasurer for a refund of the over-payment amount. Or feel free to consider that amount as a donation for the expanded shop or new tools! 🙂
Step 1 – Cancel current payments in PayPal:
These PayPal instructions are likely to work but may be slightly different for some. But something similar to this should work for everyone.
- Log into the PayPal account you are using for Bodgery payments, or use the PayPal phone app
- After logging in, you may need to first click/tap Proceed to Account Overview or My PayPal to get to the main PayPal account summary screen
- On the main PayPal account summary screen, click/tap the gear icon (settings) near the upper right corner
- Click/tap Payments in the menu near the top middle of the screen
- Click/tap Manage automatic payments
- You should see a list of your recent PayPal payments, likely on the left side. You might need to scroll down, or select “show more” if you don’t see The Bodgery right away. When you do, click/tap on The Bodgery payment entry, then click/tap Cancel. This will cancel your automatic recurring membership payment that is associated with the Bodgery’s old Wild Apricot system that we are retiring.
- Log out/close PayPal. Success! Way to leave that past behind you.
Step 2 – Reactivate membership:
- Go to New Member Signup (in our new membership management system)
- Scroll down, and click/tap on the membership level you had previously. (So familiar!)
- Enter your profile information, add a password, and click/tap on the Terms of Service checkbox. Using the same email you previously used with the Bodgery helps immensely in keeping our systems consistent.
- Click/tap the Sign Up button. If all the required fields are entered, this will send you to PayPal.
- Log into PayPal and authorize the payment. That’s it, whew! You did it!
Step 3 – Optional
If you didn’t do this within a day or so of your previous payment date, you can donate the difference, or request a pro-rated refund by contacting the treasurer by Slack DM (direct message) or by email at email@example.com.